You may hear it referred to as Cambrian Park but locals in this popular San Jose neighborhood just call it Cambrian. Whichever you prefer to use, if you’re looking for an affordable home in Silicon Valley, this is one suburb worth touring.
Cambrian Quick Facts
• Although Cambrian Park officials attempted to incorporate Cambrian Park into a town, it remains a neighborhood, located in West San Jose.
• The community claims an area of slightly more than ½ mile.
• Only a portion of Cambrian lies within San Jose City limits. The rest is located in unincorporated Santa Clara County.
Cambrian Park Schools
Your public-school student will attend schools administered by one of three school districts, depending on home address:
- If you buy a home in south or southwest Cambrian, your child will attend schools administered by the highly-ranked 33rd of the 865 public school districts in the state) Union School District/Campbell Union High School District
- Homebuyers who purchase homes in northern Cambrian will send their children to Cambrian School District/ Campbell Union High School District schools.
- Finally, San Jose Unified School District serves those who live in eastern Cambrian.
School boundaries do change, so check with each district when you settle on that perfect home for sale in Cambrian.
Dining and Shopping in Cambrian Park
Cambrian is so centrally located that dining and shopping options will never be a challenge. You’ll find two shopping centers just over its northwest and northeast borders with Camden, anchored by national outlets such as Lucky supermarket, 24-Hour Fitness, and Home Depot.
Cambrian Park Plaza, an outdoor mall, is in northern Cambrian. It offers specialty shops as well as popular larger retailers, such as BevMo, Dollar Tree, and others. The shopping center has big plans for the future that include additional retail space, townhomes and more.
If you want to get to know your new neighbors, head to Cambrian’s farmers market (May through September) on Wednesdays, between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
The market is so popular, in fact, that you’ll run into folks from surrounding communities as well.
When it’s time to get out into the great outdoors, Cambrian residents have many options. Popular area parks include nearby Houge, with its fun play areas for the little ones and tennis and basketball courts for the grownups. The Guadalupe Creek Trail, which runs along Cambrian’s southeastern border, provides an opportunity for hikers to get out and enjoy nature and stay fit. Dog moms and dads will love Butcher Dog Park, one of the most popular dog parks in the Bay Area.
Homes in Cambrian Park
If a ranch-style home is in the cards for you, you’ll have no problem finding one in Cambrian. Most of them date back from the 1950s to the 80s.
If you are shopping for a single-family home, plan on spending at least $725,000 and as high as $3.1 million.
Search for Homes for Sale, Open Houses and Market Reports in Cambrian Park, California Below
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.