During the month of May 2021 C.A.R. (California Association of Realtors) announced updated guidance on open house protocols. Santa Clara County Public Health Department announced they will be following C.A.R. guidelines for open houses.
Here is a summary of the new Open House Covid-19 Guidelines effective May 2021:
- Open Houses are allowed and appointments for open houses are no longer required.
- Social Distancing Protocols still in place for members of different households while attending open house.
- Capacity is dependent upon which tier the county is in i.e., maximum 25 people or 1 person per 75 square feet, whichever is fewer.
- Sign in upon arrival will be required via “Property Sign-in” form or “PEAD” real estate form.
- Face Masks always required indoors.
Effective June 15, 2021, when Santa Clara County re-opened, the following Open House Update occurred:
- Face Mask required for all un-vaccinated people indoors and/or at sellers’ request.
- Sellers can require the following: all persons entering open house wear face masks, all persons be vaccinated or show proof of negative Covid test, or all persons require vaccine verification.
- No other restrictions apply.